Monday, August 22, 2005

Life's Enjoyable Times

Running late today, was on duty..lol..
The schools are gearing up for the
opening day. So took my grandson in
early for locker sign up.
Then I got caught up in checking
out my email. And because of this
weekend, there was a LOT of it.

Which brings me to the weekend and
the title.

We were expecting one of our son's
and his family to come from the coast
to see us. And they arrived Friday
afternoon, just about the time that
Sweetie got off work. I was walking
around the front yard with my son and
looking at the fence we put in since
they had been here, when a red car drives
into my drive way. I looked at the driver
and then a flash of recognition. It was
my oldest son and his wife.
What a wonderful surprise.

These two sons (and I do have 4) are
not only brothers but they are soul mates.
I have twins, but most people mistake
these two for the twins. (Or the other two
for the twins, they are both blondes)
And in the line of kids, they are #3
and #7. Or the oldest son and the
youngest son. They have two great wives
who happen to be best friends as well.
So that makes it wonderful for the two boys.
When it comes to in-laws, I have been
blessed with the best. My children have
chosen well. We have a running joke in
our family. No Refunds. That means I
won't take any of my kids back, that my
in-law kids are stuck with them.

So this weekend was just a great laid
back time of visiting. We didn't go anywhere.
They got motel rooms, which had
adjoining pool. The kids had a blast in
the pool. The adults who wanted to, went
to the flea market. The guys worked on
cars. And it was all just good fun. Even
when one of the boys tried to pull Sweetie's
chain by sliding sideways, into the gravel drive
way. (Sweetie didn't see it, but big brother did)
and so did Mom and the rest of the family.

Sweetie is a great cook. He made big
breakfasts for everyone and great B-B-
Q's for dinners. No one left hungry.
The local grandson came over and
spent some time with the coast cousins.
And life is good. Local grandson wants
a family reunion type get together next
year at his house.

You know, as we age, and our children
get older, there is the icing on the cake
of life. And that is when your kids come
to visit. You watch your adult children
handle their own children, which that can
be a blast in itself. And you get to see your
grandchildren starting to turn into
adult themselves.

Yes, life is good... and the chain of life
goes on, and you get to, if you are lucky,
watch as it grows.

No comments: