Monday, August 15, 2005

Maybe I am Not in Tune

I don't know if it is me or Sandpoint.
I know it is tourist season, but I get a
feeling I don't belong down there anymore.
There are a few times a year during
the summer that I will go thru the
merry-go-around, music chairs of
traffic to see something down there.
1. is the 4th of July parade.
2. is the Arts and Crafts fair.

I went down this Saturday about 1pm.
That is mean time in Sandpoint. No, I
don't mean the word meantime...
I mean the two separate words...
mean as in horrible, and time as
well, you know what I mean. Boy,
there is a lot of mean word in that
sentence.
Anyway, it was wicked traffic...
Played the game of hop scotch thru
the traffic until I turn down towards
the Beach. Because I live life on the
positive side. I knew I would find a
close parking spot. But it was musical
chairs as we drove around and around
and around the parking lot. But finally
I found one. I walked thru the parking
lot and dodging cars. And then for an
hour and half I walked thru the Arts and
Craft show. I walked around it 4 times
to make sure I saw everything.

During that time I came across one friend.
Which was odd as I usually see at least 6 to
8 friends there each year. Also as I walked
around, the crafts were not the usual...
For one thing I did not see anything under
$20 and most of it was over $50. Way
more than this country girl had in her
pocket. But it was not what I call practical
things. Meaning it was things to decorate
your house or yard. But not something
that you would use every day. Like they
use to have towels with the knitted deal on
it so you could hang it on your drawer
handle. Shirts, and stuff like that.

It was all nice things. But I would
classify it under the objects of.....
I can appreciate the work in the objects
but I wouldn't want to own one.
$35 and up for a glass ball to hang on
my porch, or where ever. Antlers for
lamps and etc. I don't think I would be
exaggerating if I said 90% of it was in the
$50 to $200 price range. That just isn't
me. Nor a lot of my friends... (maybe
that is why they weren't there.) Use to
have tie dye shirts and I don't know, just
some neat stuff with lower price range.
I heard that Bayview's was a lot better.
Also the music, was not like in the past.
They had a great variety but not like the
ones of the past. No, country, blues, and
etc. Most of it was wall paper music.
The guy playing a steel guitar was more
like the music you play that has sounds
of nature, that you go to sleep with. Even
the people were different. Can't explain it.

So I left. 2 people were poised to jump
to my parking space and it took me 15
minutes of slowly inching forward to get
to the bridge. Stopping on the bridge
several times. Long enough to get a picture
of the geese and swans on the creek.
Then, of course,the rat race of getting out
of town. But at the last minute I went down
Second Ave. and parked near the hospital
and walked down to the Coldwater Creek
area. 1 Park Place I think they call it.
And listen to some group, I have no idea
who they were, but they were good(kind
of like Grateful Dead type) and the small
group of people enjoyed it. I stayed about
45 minutes and headed for home.

So I guess I will count that one off my
list of "worth fighting the traffic for".

No comments: