Wednesday, August 03, 2005

New Day ...New Shape

Whip into shape....
Lean Mean machine,
spare tires...
Love handles...
all about getting healthy?

Well, I have fought the weight
battle for years. And all these words
have come up in the conversations
of losing weight. They sound more
like they are beating Jell-O to a
shape, or maybe that is how I feel
trying to get into shape.

Which by the way, what is in shape?
I have been in all kinds of shapes.
So which one do I chose. I started off
as a pencil. Even in high school you
couldn't tell if I was coming or going
or was I side stepping. Straight up and
down until I was 17. I was active
(farm life does that to you) so
maybe fat couldn't keep up with me.

Then over the years I had children ..8
in 10 years, so I was holding my own.
Had gotten round but still had indents
where apical. Then after the last one,
it started shifting.. But because there
was muscle there, it wasn't quite so
noticeable.

Then I decided to get the scale to read
better numbers. Well, it did that ok.
Everyone thought I was one of the kids,
I lost so much. I was 46 at that time and
got down to 114. I ate toast and salads..
that is it... And walked miles. And exercise
tape. Not really a good plan, as that weight
comes back like throwing warm fat at a
fence.
Then I went to work. And it started to add.
I had to have food to keep up the energy to work.
So then I became pear shape. After 17
years of running the floors of the building,
I have really got a pear shape. You would
think I would have been in good shape.
But I guess the working from 10 p.m. to
6 a.m. Sleeping short hours, eating at
odd hours doesn't help.

So since Feb. I have been trying to
shape up that pear shape. But what
shape am I going for? Surely not an
apple shape. I am not even trying to
head for some ridiculous low poundage.
While all this walking has been great
for me, I don't feel like it is doing anything
great. . It has helped my breathing, and
I feel better all the way around. And
some even have said they think I am
thinner. But the scale is still holding
the fort.

I am not a breakfast eater. I have to
be up for about 3 hours before food
even sound remotely interesting. And
I have been told this is not good. So my
cousin has been kind enough to send
me a better way of eating paper work.
It has worked great for her. As I read it,
I think ...holy cow.. that is a lot of food
to eat. See I am a toast in the morning.
and coffee.... Salad and meat for dinner.
And coffee...So I am going to give that
better way of eating a try.

Now if I could just figure out what
shape I wanted to be.............
Apple and pear just doesn't sound right.
And hourglass is like a sack of potatoes
tied in the middle..no I will pass on that one too.

1 comment:

Word Tosser said...

Didn't see any place where it lets you make comments...Christopher