Tuesday, August 30, 2005

Sleeping In

A few years ago, I was getting a gentleman
up for the day. He wasn't thrilled as it
was 5:30am. So I told him I understood
completely. I told him this:

Yes, Ray, I can understand why you
aren't happy about this. You see when
I was a little girl, my mother would
wake me up really early to get ready for
school. As the school time went by, I
could not wait until I gradutated from
school, so I could sleep in...
.
But when I graduated from school,
I had to earn an living. So I had to
get up early to go to my job. So I
thought I can't wait until I
get married, so I can sleep in....

Well, I got married.... but I had a lot of kids...
so there was no sleeping in.... So I dreamt
of the day when all my kids would get
thru school and on their own, so I
could sleep in......

Well, then my husband
passed away and I had to get a job.
So I could not sleep in... And do you
know what upsets me now, Ray? He said no...
I said.. what upsets me now is.... I figured
when I retired and was old, I could sleep in.....
but now I know I will probably will end
up in a nursing home, and some young
person is going to come in and say......
time to get up, Cis...

AND I STILL WON'T BE ABLE TO
SLEEP IN.......
He thought that was funny....
I'm not so sure I think it is funny.

3 comments:

stebbijo said...

I really like this one!

God's Helper said...

Now come on... You worked nights for how long??? So did I. So I think we can count sleeping all day as sleeping in. LOL

Word Tosser said...

ah, but this conversation took place when I was working days.... 8 years of it.