Thursday, December 22, 2005

Count Down

Well, we are on the count down.
4 more days and this will be all
just a memory to be stashed with
all the rest.

My daughter brought over all
my share of our cook off of Monday.
And I was finishing last night,
the candied orange and grapefruit
peels. It is a thing my mother use
to make.

You cook the rinds until they are
almost clear. Then cool and then
peel out the white stuff in the peel.
Cut in stripes about 1/4 in. wide.
Then roll it in sugar and let dry.
The King saved the day, as he
got out the food dryer and they
came out well.

Then the bright idea of tipping
them in chocalate. Yes, that
sounds good. But I found out
that boiling the choc. chips,
did not make a dipping choc.
Then I tried microwaving the
choc. to see if I could get it
thinned. Well, I don't know
if I should tell you what
happened next...

You see, the King and I have
gotten sucked into a new
program... DEAL OR NO DEAL
And he yelled at me, come look
at this guy... he only has 4 boxes,
left and he is going for it.

I only left for a few minutes...
I think.... the down side of this
I had the biggest, hardest, rock
of chocalate in a ball in a bowl.
I should also say, it was the
biggest DRY ball.

I froze it. Named it 2 12oz. choc.
Someday, I will take it out
and figure out what to do with
it.

Only 4 more days... and no
more days of holiday cooking.
YEA!! Going to our daughter's
for Christmas dinner after
church...

The rest of it it is all downhill
heading for Spring.

No comments: