Friday, December 02, 2005

Inventions

Stebbijo's Choice blog yesterday
talked about inventions... Which
brought to my mind, one I had about
30 years ago. And everyone thought
for a moment when I mention it, and
then said Nah, never happen and laughed.

It would be timely to bring it up now, being
snow and ice and car accidents are on the
rise. So what is this invention idea I had?
No laughing, ok?

I had a vision, and I still think someday,
someone with power will come up with
the same idea I had 30+ years ago.

That is as each road that is upgraded, to
install a electric like wiring or plates
underneath the cement or paved roads.
Kind of like an electric blanket. And
then it would be powered by the electric
poles near the road. Every road has
power going down the roads, either
underground (now) and on the poles.
They would be turn on by a switch or by
the road temps getting below 30 degrees.

One naysayer said that would turn the
roads into flooding roads. I don't think
so, as it would be gradual and there
is the ditches, and etc. that would take
the water. I would think the money that
insurance could save by decrease of
accidents would more than pay for
the price to keep the roads warm,
no snow, no ice on the roads.

What do you think?
You can start laughing now.

3 comments:

Mari Meehan said...

It's called radient heat. Hot water is pumped through coils. Problem is where would you plug in the power source and who'd want that electric bill!

Word Tosser said...

like I said, it would be wired into the street lights..in the poles or underground.
Sandpoint has a charge $1.00 last I heard for everyone to run the street lights, so maybe that? As long as it wasn't too much. Maybe some of the gas tax...lol

stebbijo said...

LOL! Oh - if you only knew what my new invention is! I am going to take Bre's advice, (To Blog or Not to Blog) to ensure my very cost effective patent.

I want to retire before I get my 400 dollar a month check from the government so I can save the big B's some money.