Friday, July 28, 2006

Clutter

Been working all day yesterday
on my "SOME DAY SOON ROOM"

It has been collecting stuff for a year
now. Everywhere, almost no floor room.
So time to clean it out again.

It is called Some Day Soon Room,
with the note under it..
Some day soon we will clean out
this junk and organize the good
stuff. I have done that twice
before, yet here we are again.

So the long and short of it, I had
my grandson help me. We took
all of my stuff out and put it in
a pile in one corner. And then took
all of the Kings stuff out and put it
in another corner. In the living room,
so we would deal with it NOW.

I did not do our desk. And they are
about a foot high in stuff too. I figured
if I got the room done, it would be a good
deal.

When the room was cleared, I decided
to move my desk around. So I have my
roll top desk behind me (that is the one
with the foot high stuff) and the computer
desk in front and cleaned off. That in itself,
is amazing.

Then I started with the process and it took
me an hour to throw away, store away, and
give away stuff. The garbage can I brought
in from outside, was 3/4 full.

At night time it was time to do the King's
pile. We got 3/4 of the pile cleared, in 2 hours.
Tomorrow we will finish it. He, too, got rid
of 3/4 of a can of junk. Amazing.

We both decided we don't need any
magazine subscriptions. We, both,
threw away at least 1/4 of a can
of old magazines, each. Some of them
dating back to 1998. I looked at the cover,
and threw them all away. If I haven't read it
by now, it is too old to be of any good now.

In this room, I have 26 music boxes. Notice,
I didn't say, I have 26 music boxes. That is
because I have several more in other rooms.
But the ones here, are up on a shelf that I
have to stand on a chair to reach.

So I have decided.. if I can find a charity
that is going to have an auction or sale,
I will give a great deal of them to that
charity. As they have been collecting
dust for 8 years up on that shelf.

I also decided to bring one down a
week and listen to it off and on for
that week. I like ones that have the
off beat type of music. I have a quarter
moon with a clown sitting there on it,
which plays ..Some Enchanting Evening.
I hate ... It's a small World. But the
unusual is the ones I seem to find
interesting.

I really got to declutter. It is hard
to be the generation of savers. You
always think you might need it some
day.

No comments: