Wednesday, October 24, 2007

Fires in San Diego

As the fog wears off on Bonner
county here... my thoughts go
to San Diego county. Where the
smoke will be around for a long
time to come.

As we watch the fires as they race
thru the brush and trees and homes,
our hearts sink for our fellow man.

There are a lot of us, up here in the
Northwest who have family and friends
down there yet. So far, so good for
my family. So far my cousins and
second cousin's homes are safe.
One of my cousin and wife came
home from vacation to find out
they could not go home, until the
next day. And that friends had
removed their dog from the home.

I am amazed at how well, San
Diego is handling the placement
of people was they go thru this
tragic times. Seem like better
than Louisiana did with theirs.

How devastating it must be to have
one's home, memories, and some
times pets, to be gone in some times
a moments time. These people will be
displaced for quite some time. Maybe
for months or a year. My heart goes out
to them.

No comments: