Friday, October 19, 2007

Hard to understand

I have be trying to stay ahead on the
subject of SCHIP. That is State
Children Health Insurance Program.

I am afraid to say this..but I agree
that Bush should veto it. Making me
agree with him... which is a true rarity.
One of the reasons is... why is the Feds
involved with a State program..like in the name of
this program?

I remember back when my grandson
was starting school (about 10 years
ago or so) and there was a program
for those who were under the financial
radar for health plans. That the state of
Idaho had health insurance for the kids.
This was told to parents of school kids.

I don't know if my daughter use it or not,
as my grandson had a lot of earaches and
sinsus problems at that time. And the company
she had just started with, did not have health
insurance. But I do remember her talking about
how the state had this money for the kids,
but there were a lot of parents who didn't take
advantage of it. There was such a low uses
that the people who ran it, ran a flyer every
so often to remind parents. I want to say that
they finally close the down the program from
lack of use, but I am not sure of that.

I don't remember if this was a federal backed
program or not. But my point is there has been
programs out there before. And some states
still do have programs for their under the radar
families. Those families were NOT in the
$85,000 bracket. They were in the under
$20,000 bracket.

Personally I think if your household is making
$85,000 you should be able to afford insurance.
If your jobs are giving you that kind of income,
they already should have insurance thru their
jobs.

The King and I, before retirement, had less than
half that... together. (and we have less now)
I would say that 2/3rds of the state of Idaho
employee's make a heck of lot less than
$85,000. And even at that, our employers had
insurance coverage.

Any time the federal government gets involved,
be it ours or other countries, it isn't pretty. I don't
know where the fantansy of the wonderful health
plan came from about Canada. Every Canadian I
have talked to, has told of some pretty horror stories.
If you think ours is bad, with health lawsuits, then
you should talk to a Canadian. One that will be honest
about it. Because the only ones that I have found
who like it... pay for their own health bills.

So Bush, go for it. Your view makes sense to me.
Veto away.

No comments: