Tuesday, October 09, 2007

Got to watch how I say it....

I have found that I have to watch
how and what I say.

You know, some one who ask if
they can call you about something
to help them. And you say, sure, I
am home most of the time.

Wrong... I have done that 3 times
lately... so now I have to decide
do I wait around? Do I let the
answering machine get the call?

It may be days before they call back
for what they wanted you to do. And
you do want to help...but how long
do you wait. I waited 2 days. Checking
home a couple times a day. Now
I am letting the answering machine
get it... and I will see it..some time that
day or evening.

Wonder, should I say..about when
will you call back? Or say, leave a message
on the answering machine and I will get
back to you...

2 comments:

Mari Meehan said...

I'd figure if you didn't get the call immediately whoever wanted the help was in no big hurry.

Betty said...

I think I'd just say, "Sure, I'll be glad to help if I can. If I'm not there when you call, please leave me a message and I'll get back to you."