Saturday, October 20, 2007

Weekend veiws in the neighborhood...

What are these guys doing??? I could see them from my back porch and they were 5 blocks away.


They are repairing something on the internet tower by the school...



And as I looked out my kitchen window this morning with my cup of coffee in hand... this guy flew by...

Then this morning I went out and picked my last roses of the summer... there is still buds, but I think they will freeze and never open...but these did... I have them in my kitchen window... to remind me of the summer past.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Exactly - just what are those guys doing?

We forget that we just merged into the internet as a 'now' technology and when it does not work we go off the deep end. Crazy.

And, when it does not work, folks are quick to point out that it must be a 'user error' which is just not true. Any particular thing could go wrong at the CO or or with the lines -( the physical aspect - like rain/storm) - while at the same time we deal with virus' ect.

Now that we are totally dependent on the internet, we become frantic when it does not work and must improvise - like go home. (job dependent example)

I used to work the ER trauma department in Boise, Id. at St Al's. EVERY Friday night the internet would go down between 10 p.m and 2 a.m - I want you to know, that was the most frantic episode in my internet life, but I knew it was scheduled. Other ER's/hospitals have gone down as well. The catch up aftermath is beyond comprehension. What is really ugly is when they would all bitch about having to write by hand the blood draws because the computer could not print out the labels. UGLY.