Tuesday, October 23, 2007

Stupid is as Stupid Does

The rest of the story....

Dogwalking Musing posted on
her blog about our adventures of
yesterday.

We had a great day. Lunch at one
of the small restaurants in Cda. Then
off to find the Stickman.

What a joy that was. Listening to
his adventures with the local school
kids, his many people who stop by.
A kind heart, he sure has. As he gives
away his sticks. Each one with its own
character. Also a pick of the gem stones.
One of my favorites, as the King will
tell you. So DWM and myself left there
with gems in our pockets, and sticks
in the back seat. Each finding a special
place in our homes. And a great
understanding of a kind hearted man. And
his lovely wife. We wished safe travels as
he heads out soon to read the names at
THE WALL in Washington, D.C.

We drove around a little bit and then off to
DWM's house. After a visit, we discovered
a puddle under the car. I started it up, backed
it up with door open, got out and shut the door.
After deciding it was water, without anti-freeze,
not oil or transmission fluid, I decided to head
for home. I put my hand on the handle and pulled.

There I stood looking dumbfounded, and just
plain dumb. I had not only locked my keys
inside in the ignitions...but it was also running.
DWM's Hub gave it a try to see if he could
get it open and I put in a call to the King.

Less than pleased, and 45 minutes later he
arrived.. open the car to the red face wife.
We bid DWM and Hub good bye and off I
went.

THEN TODAY... dang I HATE new gadgets.

As I got out at the post office after helping
galpal all day with her windows, I hear
the now familiar whine sound, as I left the
car. Feeling pretty sure of myself, as I
felt in my pocket and brought out the
KEYS IN MY HAND!!. So not a
big deal. I came back to the car... pulled on
the handle... and ALARM!! Now I am upset,
as I didn't know I hit the button on the keys
when I put them in my pocket. I thought
the King said if you put the keys in the
ignition..it stops. So I quickly unlock the
door, that didn't shut it off, so put them in
the ignition and then the damn alarm really
started sounding off.

Now we live in a very small town. So, of
course if an alarm goes off, everyone looks.
And come out of their houses. To see the
idiot who can't get their alarm off. ME.
I finally pushed the alarm on the fob. And
it stopped. Got back in and left the area.

Geesh, I hate these new gadgets. Why,
not just a simple key lock. So note to self.
Get a key made with out the fob... Use that
and leave fob home...In fact, get two keys
made...one to use... one for pocket ...in case
I lock them inside again.

3 comments:

Mari Meehan said...

Geesh Cis! Welcome to the 21st century!!!! Lol!

Anonymous said...

It seems as though you had a couple of interesting days. Thanks for the visit, always a pleasure for me to meet new people. I'm glad you enjoyed your visit to CDA and I'm glad I was home. Enjoy your sticks and of course eat the Jam very slowly, maybe it will last awhile. The Stickman

PinkAcorn said...

Oh, I hate those fob things especially when it's in the hands of my husband. More than not when he gets out of our truck he hits the lock button on the fob and then hits it again so the horn goes off-I HATE THAT ! I just want to cringe and try to look like I'm not with him.