Tuesday, February 24, 2009

Can you do it?

I was watching a show on Saturday or
Sunday morning, that was about a town in India...
and the movie Slumdog Millionaire, that
was made in that town. It showed how they
lived. The housing, going to get water, as there
isn't any in house. The mud in the rainy seasons,
the horrible heat in the summer.

I wondered, could I live like that? While my first
thought was yes, I could.. it would be hard, but
I could. Then I thought, wait a minute, I better give
this more thought... so I did...
Could I give up what I have and the way I live?

And as I looked around me... and thought, I
believe I could. There is nothing in my house that
I believe I could not live without. Don't get me wrong,
it would be hard, I don't take it lightly.

I am not asking, would I like to live that way.
I am not saying, I would like to live that way.
I am saying, IF I had to live that way..I
would and could survive.. and after adjusting
to having so very little, I might even find some
happiness in life itself. The sunrises, the sunsets,
the relationships, the things that are in life that
makes life doable.

Maybe that is why these times and economy
don't have me scared, or depressed. Only
concerned. Because if I lost it all, it would not
be nice, but I would still survive.

Guess I got that from my folks, as they
refuse to dig a hole in the ground for shelter
during 1950's. Mom's take on it was, if a
bomb was to hit the USA, you might just
as well, bend over, kiss your butt goodbye,
because it would be over in seconds, and
no shelter was going to save you. So we
lived each day with no fear.

1 comment:

Mari Meehan said...

Having no fear is a great way to live. I wonder why I government doesn't want us to!