Monday, February 23, 2009

Friendship, nothing like Friendship

Alice of North Carolina
Winnie of Rhode Island
Pat of France
Cherie of Washington State


All mighty fine women.
All have never met the other..
well, maybe the last two have.

All of them my friends for over 30 years.
Alice and I keep in touch thru emails.
So does Winnie and I, off and on, mostly off.
Pat, emails, and when she comes state side,
like yesterday...
Cherie, thru emails, and I got her started with
doing a blog.

Each one is a very special lady in my life.
Alice and I met in 6th grade.
Winnie and I met at my first real job.
Pat and I go back to 1970 and we were both
were pregnant.
Cherie and I got back to Roslyn.

All of them, we have had great times together,
some of those could almost be stories for
a book. And they themselves could be stories
for what they have done with their lives. Almost
like the gals in Momma Mia movie.. Oh, the
stories we could tell...


Each one of them, no matter how long it
has been... we can sit down and have a
cup of coffee... and it is like yesterday
when we left off..

No comments: