Wednesday, February 11, 2009

Compactors

We have a cheap compactor.
And it is quite efficient. It kind of
takes a day or two, but it does work
well.

See we have a human compactor.
It is a contest my husband has to
get out of taking the garbage out.

He sees the garbage is flowing, so he
pushes it down at least an inch below
the edge. Hoping that when I come along
to put in garbage, I will see it is full and
pull the strings. And take it out.

I got tired of being the only one doing this,
so I joined this race, of who can push the
garbage down the hardest without having
to take it out. Now I can do it pretty well,
but I have got to say that the King is the
KING HUMAN COMPACTOR. He has even
pushed it down enough and then pulled on
the strings so it closes just enough, so it
doesn't spill out, but too much for me to try
to push it down.

And Saturday was the worse one yet. He finally
gave up and pulled the strings, tied it off, removed
it and sat it by the back door. I was lucky, as he
did put the new bag in. Which he has not done in
the past a few times. With the deal, well, I took
out the garbage at least you can do is put in the
new bag. Which is good idea, IF I KNEW he had
removed the old one. And headed to the garbage
basket, with garbage, and pulled out the basket, and
found it without.

What made Saturday's worse was the fact our garbage
cans are just outside the door, in the container, that we
keep the cans in to keep the neighbor dogs out of it.
What, 3 feet? So I decided to throw it outside on top of
the container, and repeated his saying.. INSIDE WORK,
WOMEN'S WORK, OUTSIDE WORK, MEN'S WORK.
It was now outside.

Ah, the games we marrieds play to past the winter by.

2 comments:

MLove said...

The garbage sack stand-off is, oh so familiar. And, we've had similar moments when that stuff almost dribbles out of the can before someone finally gives in and pulls the 20-ton sack out of the can, almost cutting off circulation in the fingers while doing so.

There's a similar problem at the toilet paper dispenser, only it can get more dire if someone doesn't install a new roll.

MarmiteToasty said...

Shoving the kings noggin in the bin and slamming the lid down LOL

x