Thursday, February 26, 2009

Some times you have to question....

I think I wrote before that in the 1970's or 80's I read a book called
Looking out for #1.

It was a very interesting and the jiff of it has stayed with me all
these years. And that is to not take things at face value.
What is the old saying? Only believe half of what you see,
and a quarter of what you hear.

It taught you to question what you read, and what people
say. It if says, "THEY SAY" question who said it. Not just
a committee..but who the people are on the committee and
is it a direct quote. Always question so called facts.

So when they talk about global warming it is hard to get
excited. Especially when you are freezing your butt off.
And when you see pictures taken up in Alaska that has
bergs replenishing themselves daily. And it runs back miles
and miles. My daughter saw it when she was on a cruise.
I have seen many climate changes over the years that I have
been here, and that is just a dot in time to what has already
happen. So no, Mr. Gore, I can't say I believe you.

Now they say women will be at risk to get cancer by drinking.
Even one glass of wine daily, the headline scream, can cause a
women to get breast cancer. THEY say. I forgot who came up
with this idea. Reason why it is hard to swallow, no pun intended,
is what about the women in France?

Anyone who has been to France, knows full well, they drink wine
with each meal. Like you and I have a glass of water with our
meals they drink wine. so are THEY telling me that most of the
women in France have cancer? Sorry... that just doesn't fly
with me.

No comments: