Tuesday, February 17, 2009

My Head Hurts...

I watch TV news magazine like 60 minutes and
etc. I read the paper, I listen to commentators.
And I think, maybe I should stop, as I don't
understand the logic and it is giving me
headaches too boot.

On 60 Minutes had a story about how the
Stimulus package is going to have a stipulation
that the companies that build the buildings and
roads, will have to use US Steel only.

Now that makes sense, to help our own companies.
But according to the story, this is not good. Seems
the theory is ... if they make it so only US Steel is
used, the other countries will retaliate and shut off
their buying our products. Even Caterpillar was upset over
this, as they would lose a contract to China for their
monster mining trucks and etc.

Then you have those who say it is bad for business,
if the CEO's get their wages and bonus cut to
the bone. Because... then they would have to
get rid of their extra houses, and help. Putting
a hardship on real estate and those helpers into
the unemployment line. And it would put a hardship
on the families in Mexico and etc.

I had said one time, that one of the things I would
like to see, was the empty buildings have
the call centers for all the companies, so that we
American's can understand the person on the other
end when we call for information on a product and etc.

I was told..no no, you can't do that. That would put
millions of Indians or Chinese, and other countries
persons out of work. I might a hard person, but I
don't care... I care about American's.

All of this hurts my head...

1 comment:

MarmiteToasty said...

We do now have some companies over here that state on their telly adverts that all call centre staff are British based for ease of comunication :).....

One can always tell if their call is being diverted to India cos of that few seconds delay and then the click.... and then ya get a paki voice say 'hello, you are speaking to Derek' or 'Terry' LMFAO - I did watch a documentary on the call centres and how they change there names to make us the callers fell comfortable lol

x