Thursday, November 15, 2012

Presidents, past and present...

I was reading my magazine and saw an article on…
You guess it.. the next election!!

Next election? My head is still hurting over this past 2 years
of hype..  The flavor of the week Republican candidates.. falling out of favor as quickly as they popped to the top.

Lot of people I never even heard of.. and to no bother to me..
After all, they may be long gone by 3 years. 
While it will be interesting who will come to the table next time.
Sadly one that I would love to have, will probably never make it. Christie….. I like him. He is up front and he doesn’t care if you like what he has to say.  But never mind.. I want quiet space until then.

And I am getting really tired of the negative crap that comes across now that this one is over.. I just want to tell the people… Pull up your big boy pants and get on with life.

Then as I turn the page.. there was an ad for a movie that will be showing soon.. LINCOLN… 

Which made me wonder … in 10 or 20 years from now, who will write about Obama?  Who will come to praise him as they do Clinton now. And those who were almost destroyed by Reagan, do now.

Those of who were living as adults during the Reagan years as Governor of California and President, who paid more taxes.. were thrown off Social Security Disability to be told to prove you belong there.. having family life throw in turmoil, don’t see the wonderment of the man. 

But history does have a way of taking men who are President and who were not appreciated at the time.. and turn them in to heroes.   FDR was not the wonderful President to everyone during his terms, even though he was voted in 3 times. People were protesting about his interest to join the WWII, very much like they did during the Vietnam war.  So what will be Obama’s life story be like? Who will play his part and all the rest of the people of interest during his time? 
Interesting…  

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Hopefully they'll at least wait until he dies ... sigh ....