Tuesday, November 20, 2012

Thankful Day 2

Being I started yesterday with a week (short one of 3 days),
I figured I would come up with some more… and there is so
much in life to be thankful for.

I am thankful for friends…people who seem to think I am worthy of the word Friend. Of which I sometimes don’t understand what they see in this white haired old broad, who seems to be opinionated at times. Even when I try not to be.

I am proud of my few friends who have cancer in their families or they, themselves,are giving it a run for its money, who fight the good fight.
I am truly amazed at their courage, and thankful they let me help in any way. Some times small ways, sometimes a little bigger. And keep praying next year they will be cured and freed.  I am thankful for the medication that is available to make their lives durable.

 I am grateful for the fact that my husband has a job, as I know there are many who do not. I am grateful that we have a warm house… as many do not.  None of this we take for granted.

I am grateful that I live in a country where we still have rights. And one of those rights is to vote for whom ever we so chose. And every one’s vote is so important and should be honored, even if it isn’t the one you voted for.  I am grateful to live in a country that is far from perfect but better than most.

I am grateful we still have peace within our own borders, and grateful for each day we don’t have anyone killed in a war that none of us want to have.
As there are a lot of days we do have someone who comes home, and another family lives in sorrow.

I am grateful for a country that still stands by their citizens, such as those in the hurricane Sandy area.. who have lost everything, yet stand tall, with the help of strangers near and far.  

No comments: