Monday, December 17, 2012

It is a conspiracy, I tell you...

It is a conspiracy, I tell you… I know it is..

Every day of the year, I am so good.. Thank you, ma’am,

but no thank you.. I say with ease.

 

But once a year, the forces are out there.. they are after

you and me.. It starts around December and it gets really

rough after the 15th. As they start delivering it to your door.

 

And if you work it is just as bad if not worse. It is in the break

room, some have it on their desk… with a sign.. “take one”.

or someone drops off  a little basket or box on your desk.

 

I have to admit, I was in on the system too.. As I started

the end of October…with breads, and cookies, and more cookies.

and then Kuala in August. Jellies, and sauerkraut all done up neatly.

 

Yep, the conspiracy to see how many inches you can add to

your friends waist…  how many pounds can be added to the

scale.

 

There is breads, cakes, cookies, candies, and so much more.

With colors and smells that makes it hard to refuse… and besides,

everyone knows there isn’t any calories on holiday food, is the lies

we spin to ourselves.

No comments: