Monday, April 08, 2013

Sermon listening, wandering mind....


Sometimes when in church and they start the sermon,( it depends on the subject and who is doing the sermon) … my mind wanders… this Sunday was one of those such days…

Now as you read this, I don’t want to hear about how insulted you are..
If you are insulted easily, then maybe you should just go on to the next Blog… Those of you who aren't sure.. Remember God has a heck of a sense of humor…. After all, look at some of his creatures, like the Aardvark… God has a sense of humor… look at some of the things he sees us do. Or he slips up for us mere humans to fall thru.

With that in mind…. I was sitting there minding my own business.. which is not what you are suppose to be doing while in church. You are suppose to be paying attention and leaving your business at the door, unless you are
repenting for some transgression… be it big or small.

There was a picture of Jesus up on the screen .. taken from the back..As I stared at this and the words being said was turning to blah, blah, yada yada… and etc… My mind wander..

Surely there were people who were artist in Jesus’s day. Yet, I have never seen a picture of Jesus… only the one we all see in different books. Drawings by mere humans who printed the book called the bible in what… 1500? Or so.
Don’t ever recall seeing a drawing stating it was over 1,970 years ago. Or so.

So what if Jesus was not the handsome dude we see in the pictures of now?
What if he was an ugly guy? Maybe he wasn’t real easy on the eyes. I know, we also have been told he was modeled after God, his father. Yet no one has ever seen God, except for Jesus.  So that isn't a good reference either. I figured
the humans of those days, figured he was perfect as God wouldn't send any one who was not perfect.  But perfection is in the eye of the beholder.. especially when it comes to looks.

Then I noticed the sermon was still progressing.. and now there was a group picture of Jesus with his disciples, of which were all men. Which lead my mind to wander and wondering in this day and age, why the gay community hasn't latch on to that.
After all this was before the Catholic religion, and as far as I know, they are the only one who don’t let their leaders  marry.  So why wasn't there a woman
in Jesus’s life?  
Or hasn’t God forgiven women since Eve? 

No comments: