Wednesday, April 10, 2013

What happen to honestly in schools?


I find it sad when you learn that there is cheating in schools. What happens, is the person is cheating themselves more than they are gaining, by cheating.

While cheating has been in schools since probably the beginning of time.. this time.. the news is again about the cheating by the teachers and the Administrators  

I had heard of it happening about a year ago, I think in Mississippi or near there. I thought it was a one time thing. But now it comes out that there are a lot of cities that have it happening. New York, Chicago, Houston, Washington DC. and Atlanta was in the news this week.   They are blaming it on the “No child left behind” and “Race to the Top” programs.  Sorry but that doesn’t hold water for me.

What kind of message are we sending to the kids? That you don’t have to try and if you fail, you try again.. no.. it is better to cheat and get it over with. Or cheat and you can get money for it (government bonuses for performance).  What kind of pride is that?

Also they are blaming the teachers.. I have a little trouble believing that. Administrators, yes.  As I can’t believe that the teachers would decide on this by themselves. But I can see the Administrators telling the teachers that is what they want.  What is the teacher to do, say no? And maybe
lose their job? As I am sure the Administrators wouldn’t say, oh, ok, Jim, you don’t have to, the others will.  Of course if all of the teachers at the school said no, then maybe.

This is sad on so many levels… no wonder there are so many parent’s who are homeschooling. Not to say they couldn’t do it too.  

No comments: