Tuesday, May 14, 2013

Electronic Technology left me at the station...


The technology parade has passed me by, I was left at the train station.. when they said brains, I thought they said trains and took one…

If it wasn’t for children and grandchildren, I would truly be lost.  I use to read directions.. and fix things.. no problem..  Or sometimes I could just look at it and figure out by logic how it goes together.  Then along came electronic
technology..  No more, connect A to B, make C and D just like it… and connect by F, G, and H…   Now it is the SR video line, audio, video, plugs into the whatamacallit, to the left of the thinkamagig… I know that isn’t the words, but it might just as well. And tech support? Forgetaboutit… they can’t guide me thru it from where ever they are.. and with my hearing.. throw in a dialect and I am screwed…  

I definitely feel left behind.. I watch my children..zip thru the new phones with apps.
My grandchildren are so more advanced than I am on a computer, and every little electronic  gizmo, they whiz thru, like child’s play.  One of the few times where I wish I was born 40 years later than I was.  

Nothing sends me over the edge more than having something disappear off of my computer screen.. and I don’t have a clue, what I did.. I didn’t touch
 A key, my curser disappears for a few seconds.. and gone.. WHAT THE HELL?
Slowly I go thru the maze, trying to back track.. and 60% of the time I successful.
So I back up.. back up… save, save.. and still some of it is gone in space.

Some times I think the lights are on, but no one is home. A Mind Is a Terrible thing to Waste”.... with mine.. it is sometimes like Swiss cheese..

No comments: