Thursday, May 30, 2013

A visitor to our house..I was so excited....

I walked by my picture window...looking out to the lawn.. and what do I see? 

Can it be? I had to do a double take...  


YES!!!! A SQUIRREL... IN MY YARD!!! 


Most people cuss these guys... but I love them.. where we use to live there were  several that went up and down the tree near the living room window.. the branch was about 10
feet from the window.. We supplied corn and seeds for them.. they put on a show for us. 
Then we bought our house... NO SQUIRRELS...  Oh, I tried..  I saw some down the street.. I put peanuts outside at the bottom of the tree... no visitors..  I even (now this is sad) put a trail of peanuts from the tree down the street.... along the road thru
the lawns.. to our stash by the tree in our front yard... NO SQUIRRELS.. I even saw them run down the electric line at the neighbors.. threw out peanuts.. shelled..
NO SQUIRRELS CAME...   :-( 

Then yesterday, May 29th... IN MY YARD...  he/she discovered the left overs from the birds under the feeders... but when I took the last picture below.. he/she was gone.. before I could even look over the top of the camera.. GONE.. IN THIN AIR.

I don't suppose he/she will be back.. even tho they found an easy meal for free.. no show... just free food..  And I kept Misty inside, so he doesn't know about the dog. 
Maybe he/she will show in the darkness of the night... where no old ladies to take pictures.. 

Happy Birthday... B & St... thanks for making this a Memorial Day for me... 


UPDATE ON THE SQUIRREL....
GREAT SADNESS..... MY HUSBAND SAW HIS BODY ON HIGHWAY 2...
SATURDAY MORNING... 
SADLY HE/SHE BECAME ROADKILL...    :-( 

More update... as of Monday...
HE LIVES.... I have named him Fred... figure if he shows up with babies
then it will be Fredette... but guess he wasn't the road kill my husband saw. 
yahoo...

1 comment:

Mari Meehan said...

Cool! We had one for awhile last summer but he soon disappeared. My guess is a hawk or a coyote got him.

Sometimes I want to go into CDA and kidnap a few of them now that we're getting some mature trees! But, alas, we still have the hawks and coyotes too.