Wednesday, June 12, 2013

How we change

Ever notice how much you change your mind over the years. 
Your taste changes.  Some thing that were horrible to you before, now are acceptable. Some of it is environmental, we get desensitized.

But most of all is colors and food.

When I was a kid, I did not like liver, peas, black olives, brussels sprouts, chicken gizzards, heart, broccoli, and several other things. But now I eat brussels sprouts, broccoli, black olives, heart (not fond of it, but will eat it
without gagging)  I actually like black olives, and brussel sprouts, and broccoli.
But I still will NOT eat liver…  I will eat peas to be polite… but there is nothing that will get me to eat liver.

And when I was younger, I didn’t care for the colors of orange, purple, brown, And really did not like pink. I didn’t hate pink, but did not want to ever wear it.   
I like red, black, blue and loved green.. especially Kelly green.  Now I wear orange, peach color, and once in a while purple. More into the pastel shades,
But still like the bold too… still not fond of pink and avoid it as much as possible. I like maroon as well… Some colors you would never wear together.. pink and
red or orange.. and now they do.. not me.. but others do… Also a no no was blue and green…which I do like together..

So what colors would you not be caught dead in when you were younger, and now wear?  What foods did you refused to eat or your parents went thru hell to get you to eat, that you eat and enjoy now? 

1 comment:

Betty said...

My mother and I never wore black, because my dad didn't want us to. I didn't like to wear white or orange.
I refused to eat beets and now I love them. I didn't like turkey and still don't. I only eat it at Thanksgiving, and I don't like chicken at all, but I eat it anyway.