Tuesday, June 11, 2013

Privacy...... you are joking.. right?

I laugh when people get upset about recent lack of privacy… I laugh not because it is funny.. But I have to ask where were these people were 15 years ago when 60 minutes did a story on the huge satellites  over in England, operated by the Brits, USA, France and I think Germany was the 4th one.  It told how it monitored phones and all media (this was before emails and Facebook) ..
That there was a long word list that triggered action… terrorist, bomb, guns and etc were, of course, top of the list.

Those who laughed at the book 1984 in the 1950’s, when it was written.. you have no idea how kindergarten that is in this day and age of electronics.  

Those of you on Facebook, do you really think your page is private? My page is as private as they will allow.. as I can get. No games, no new apps, or anything.  Anytime they ask for access to my page with friends list and photos, I say NO AND CANCEL.   Yet a trip to Hawaii three years ago and pictures I was tagged in, and ones I did.. brought me so much sideline bar ads on Hawaii, even who to vote for in case I moved there within a year. PRIVACY? Don’t make me laugh.

This is not a Democrat issue, this is not a Obama issue.. This has gone on for over 80 years or more. And as electronics get more advanced, the more open we are.  You can’t even walk in to a Walmart or any other store, that they don’t see you. Or walk down the street.  Remember you have seen on the news, criminals spotted thru these.

Can it be changed? I doubt it.. Greed and power always wins. Who can change it or try.. the young.  Surely, not this 73 old woman in Idaho. But if you can find people of fairness.. common sense  Maybe coming up teens, who will forgo power and greed for fairness. But consider how much lack of privacy they do,
I kind of doubt it.  

Kind of like the tea party that put a foot in the door… But they are so over their heads with righteousness.. No, we need those who are not about themselves but about country. But you aren’t going to find them.. the others will see to that.

Privacy?  Is always at the mercy of others.. be it government or friends or family

and even enemies. 

No comments: