Thursday, June 06, 2013

NEVER SEND THE ONE WHO IS CRAVING..TO THE STORE

June 6, 2013
NEVER SEND THE ONE WHO IS CRAVING..

The other night, I sat down to watch tv with the King, and said You know, I am craving ice cream… Now I crave ice cream about once a year, if that.. just not real big on ice cream.. unless it is Pistachio, maybe.   He said, you know that does sound good.  Why don’t you go get us some.. I just got out of the shower and have pj’s and slippers on.

I figured, why not.. store is only a mile away.. I’ll go.  Which a mile isn’t far enough. Because on the way over, I had turn the craving from just ice cream to banana split.  Had I a longer way to go, I could have talked myself back down to two tiny ice cream paks.  You know the ones that sell for a $1 and have about the same as one scoop but with
out the cone.

I found 3 half pints of ice cream… a Rocky Road type for the King, and they had my favorite Pistachio and I got a cherry vanilla to round out the banana split.  Got the banana’s, swung around and got the chocolate stuff that stiffens up when it hits cold. Also there was low sugar butterscotch,
AND they had no calorie, no fat, no sugar caramel . (I wonder what is really in it)… and behind me was the refrigerator area.. so got whip cream bottle. Had cherries at home.

I headed to the cashier and put the things on the belt.  As the cashier is running it over the counter, I see just how much I do have. And then it starts to hit, all of the goodies.. and having second thoughts, as the person who is
trying to lose the 10 pounds she gained…. This is not the way to do this.
FINE.. WERE THE HELL was this person 10 minutes ago, as the items were flying in to the cart?    

Then I see another gal putting her things up on the belt…6 bags of chips, 3 dip cans, one 6 pak of beer and one 4 pack of hard cider coolers.
I smiled. I told her, that I thought we were the two worse ones to go get the supplies.  And smiled.
She looked at hers, and then looked at mine as they were bagging it.  I think you are right, she said.. it was suppose to be a bag of chips and a 6 pak of beer.
But they had several good chips and dips..    

Moral of the story…… never send the craver to the store to get the supplies.



1 comment:

marlu said...

How funny! Loved it.