Wednesday, June 19, 2013

Telephone Books?

Is there a thing out there to get rid of telephone books?  Have you looked at your phone book the past couple years?  I swear each year the print gets smaller.. And the book gets smaller too. 

My phone book is about 4 inches by 6 and ¾ inch thick.  What happened To the book that was at least a foot long and 8 inches wide? Some were even bigger.  I haven’t seen Spokane’s book lately. That was a reasonable
size, especially for the size of the city… Coeur d’ Alene black book use to be a fair size, but the last one is about ¾ of the size of the old one.

So when you downsize the book itself… what has to be down sized as well? The Print..
… I can read this size letters very well… I can read this
Size fairly well… but you have started to lose me with this one.. and I am looking for a
magnified glass and good light to read this one.. especially when you have all of the names in a line and the numbers
In a line with hardly any space between them, the blend together.

Now I know my eyes aren’t as good as they were at ..say 30 or 50…but
This is ridiculous.  Surely I can’t be the only one with the problem of reading telephone books.


3 comments:

Betty said...

My new phone book was delivered today, and I noticed how much smaller both the book and the print was.

Anonymous said...

First of all I want to say terrific blog! I had a quick question that I'd like to ask if you do not mind.
I was interested to find out how you center yourself
and clear your mind before writing. I have had difficulty clearing my mind in getting my thoughts out there.
I truly do enjoy writing but it just seems like the first 10 to
15 minutes are wasted just trying to figure out how to begin. Any
recommendations or tips? Appreciate it!

my web page :: need a job

Word Tosser said...

Anonymous....first off, would you next time leave a name.. even if it is just your first name... you can add it to the comment if you want...
second.. how do I center myself to start.. most of the time when I start, I have an idea in mind, and then once typing, it expands. When not having a direction to go.. I still find a subject.. and start typing. Myself, I type it on a separate place. (in Micro Word type) and that way I can play with it.. make corrections, add words in the middle as another idea might pop up and erase what I didn't like after I proof read it.. this also works because sometimes the internet or blogspot might disappear and there goes your work.. and somehow writing it the second time around doesn't improve it or you lose thoughts. This way you can copy paste it to blogspot, and still have it, if any errors appear within the internet. Believe me there are days, I wonder why I am here, as I am deadheaded. but most of the times, I just start typing.. and it comes. Maybe it is a God thing.