Tuesday, June 04, 2013

Stupidity cost money.....

Normally I don’t touch anything in the King’s garage..
Oh, I will get a tool from time to time, but returning it right
away… something about men’s tools brings out the bear,
if it isn't return right to the exact spot it was.. (this does not
apply to women’s things when they borrow them, attested by
drinking glasses, scissors or baster for example)  

But the bigger things, I leave them alone.. that also includes
the big door. I will use the key to open the small door and hit
the pad for the big door to open. But never touch the wireless Key pad. Until Friday. 

I had a wheelbarrow of stuff to take out
of his garage to put into my garage freezer. Rather than go
back to the house and get the key, I figured I would save
myself some steps and just use the keypad. I remember him
saying that sometimes it takes two times of punching out the
numbers. So when it didn't open up, I tried it again. Then I saw a button on top, so figured that was maybe an enter button. So hit that. The door didn't open.. so I did it again… Still nothing. So walked back to the house, got the key, open the door with the wall pad.

The King came home and hit the buttons and nothing… I had screwed up the opener. Seems that I hit the program button, not enter. So got the book out and tried that.. things got  worse.  Door company closed on Friday. 

Today they arrived  when the King got home..  Have to admit, when I loused it up, I did a dandy job of it.. as he had a problem solving it as well. Seems that after 3 tries the automatic theft proof shuts down the computer. 
Long and short of it.. half an hour later, and $30 later, the
problem was solved.  Could have been worse.. if it had taken
an hour it would have been $70!!!!! I had to ask.. did you say $70 like in 7…0? Yep..  Thank you Ralph, for being quick and also teaching the King how to fix it next time.. but I can tell you it won’t be me… who did it.. walking to get the key is so much

cheaper. 

1 comment:

Kay Dennison said...

Glad it was only $30!