Wednesday, October 23, 2013

OH, MY..GOSH, I'VE BECOME.......

No not my mother, although there has been tinges of that from time to time.. Like every time I say.. this too shall pass.

But no, I have become my grandfather...
When I was young... when I was a kid,  way back.... and etc.

It came up just the other day when we were talking about how nice
the weather is (in the afternoons). How great it was FOR OCTOBER. I looked at them kind of surprised... and said... when I was young....
We called this Indian Summer.  Well, we did.

It isn't unusual for October, as we moved here the first week of October in 1982.  We had traveled across the U.S. in a bus, and truck and towing a car, with all our belongings in them.  And for the first week and half, we slept in the bus, because it was warm enough. Cold mornings, but the days were in the high 60's and some low 70's... 

The other thing I noticed is baseball seems later this year. Not much, but I don't remember it being at the end of October. I can remember "when I was young" and we had headed back to school ... the talk on the school bus was about  the world series.. I thought in the end of Sept. or beginning of October.  Never mentioning our beloved Red Sox as we knew they wouldn't make it.. but of the Yankee's and what ever the most popular team was at the time.

Yep, "when I was young", when I was a kid"......thanks, Grandy.
(our name for our grandfather, but that is another post)


No comments: