Thursday, October 31, 2013

Good bye, October


Good bye October...
 I hardly got to know you.
And you are throwing us into November.
The race to end this year. One family gathering
after another and it will be good bye... 2013.

I don't know why it seems this month went fast.
And summer seems like so long ago.

Maybe because summer lingered on, but then in
a flash we had temps drop... and fall rushed in..
Then Indian summer came with foggy mornings,
and then sunshine afternoons... and here we are
hit by dipping temps again...

I have so much to do before the end of the year.
I haven't even gathered my stuff for Thanksgiving
dinner, which will be here in a short 3 weeks.

And then there is all the baking for Christmas baskets.
I haven't even thought about what I have to do for those.
And they blend in with my Thanksgiving dinner prep
work as well...

Guess I should be doing that instead of writing this
blog today... Making a list of what to get and etc.

So HAPPY HOLLOWEEN...  we will get our usual
1 to 8 trick or treaters, and the rest of the candy heads

to the King's job for the workers to finish it off...  

No comments: