Tuesday, October 08, 2013

What hateful people we have become....

Or maybe we always have been... thought
i don't remember in my childhood, in my 20's,30's
and 40's it being as hateful as life is now.
Thank heavens there are enough good people out there
to balance it.

Anyone who has read, heard, about the recent shutdown has either had their own opinion or spreading someone else's opinion.  Most of it hateful.  Even I, am totally disgusted with them in D.C.  As far as I am concern, there is enough blame to spread around.. no one person is responsible.

Even though there are a lot of people who do blame one person.
Obama, of course. It goes with the job, (remember Bush)
But who passed Affordable Care? Congress.
Who is fighting in DC and shutting down the government.. although I understand it isn't a shut down but a partial, or what ever else they want to call it... but who is fighting? Congress.  Telling half truths as they face the television camera's. Both sides.

Then you have Facebook, which is spreading the venom along with Congress.  So much half truths to bald face lies. It is every where.  I have downsized my Facebook Newsfeed to get rid of a lot of them.. some of them, friends, some of them, family.  Just don't want to hear it, don't want to read it.   Life is too short to waste it on such stuff..

I was watching the movie 42 which most of you know it is about Jackie Robinson.  Such hatred. Even being passed to children. There was a child who was with his father, thrilled to death to be at the ball game.. When the father started yelling hateful things, the child was  confused... but shortly later that same child mimic his father...

That is what disturbs me most. Adults teaching hatred to their children. You see it in the Aryan Nation groups. You see it in the religious groups, you see it in the pictures overseas with their children.  Those children don't even know who we are. What we are like. We have it here as well. 

I heard those who are the most hateful are the ones who don't understand what they are hating. That they fear the unknown, so there for hate it.  Sad.. really sad..

Guess that is the reason why it doesn't bother me when and if someone says or tells someone else, that they hate me... (not in the last 20 years...lol) because they don't know me.. how can you hate someone you don't even know?       

No comments: