Wednesday, October 30, 2013

Reincarnation...and people's names

I really don't believe in reincarnation...   but if I did, then I think I was a gunslinger. When ever I go to a restaurant, I want to sit in the seat that has the wall behind it.  Always sit in the back of the church.. Or any other event, if there is a chair and wall, that is my seat.

Also, when you meet people...  do you remember their names? Or do you figure you will never see them again anyway.. so why bother?
Or do you make a conscience effort to remember them?  How do you do? Are you successful?  I worked in a place that had a huge turn over... and it was hard to remember names.  About the time you finally got it down pat, they left.  Also it made it harder, because we were switched
around the building so much.. you were lucky if you had the same partner.
In later years, it was more consistent. And then I worked the Noc shift, so that made it easier, because there were only 12 of us in total.. and only 6 of us on shift.

I have never been great for names, but was for faces.. I could tell you 10 years later, where I knew you from, how I met you... and the last time I saw you.  Not anymore..  Now the King is my guide, but even he is having
trouble now... So I just fess up at the start and say, I am sorry, but I know your face, but can't recall your name.  



No comments: