Thursday, April 14, 2005

Make mine Mocha

As I was finishing up my walk this morning
with my friend, we stopped at a local latte
drive thru. Walk thru for us. As we were
waiting for her to make the latte's, the
subject turn to the "when did you have
your first espresso /latte". I had to stop and think.

Oh, I know, 1958, one of my childhood
friends took me to a coffee house inEl Cajon,
just outside of San Diego. It was a beatnik
coffee house. (is that spelt right? doesn't
look like it.) Anyway, they had
expresso coffee. It was really black
and in a tiny cup. Now you got
to understand, I was a country girl
and not use to such places. When we
ordered our coffee back home, it
came with cream in it, unless you told
them not to put it in it. And it was
a big cup.
The coffee house was something else.
We ate some chocolate ants and there
was a guy who strummed a guitar as he
walked around the place, singing... A Ring
with no end" And we thought we were
worldly. lol...

No comments: