Wednesday, April 06, 2005

Yard work versus work in the yard.

What a beautiful day, overcast yet
warm. Good yard work day. So the
grandson and I clean, remove straw,
cut some of the old branches on bushes.
He hauled 15 loads of straw and junk
from the front, side and back yard. I
raked. I am beat.
But can't wait until I can
get serious about work in the yard.
There is a different you know.
Today's yard work, is tedious, back
breaking from raking, all those moves
I haven't done since last fall.
Now work in the yard, is running the dirt
thru your fingers and your soul. That is
the part I like best.
Then there is that dasterly, weeding.
Try as I may, I have not figured out how
to get out of that part.
I want to get the garden done so bad
that I had my husband take the rotiller
out yesterday. One swipe thru the garden
proved him right and me wrong, (gosh, I
hate that part) it was too wet. Almost sank
in the garden.
I have a shirt that tells it
all.... it says... PLAYS IN DIRT.
but I guess that is left to another day.

No comments: