Friday, April 01, 2005

And they say Mondays are bad

Two years ago while I was still working,
I had two rough Fridays in a row... so I wrote this...

Subject: Count me out next Friday

I have decided I am not doing Fridays anymore.
They just don't work for me. And it is a good
thing I am not a believer of other powers
besides our Lord. or I would be a nervous
wreck by this coming Thurs.
Now you might think I am jumping the gun
here... but these last 2 Friday's have given
me something to think about. That maybe
Fridays just don't like me. Which that is ok
too, as I am not fond of Monday's myself.

What lead up to this thought is...
Last Friday, I called about my payroll check
...(never leave to chance about your automatic
deposits) And sure enough it was there...
BUT only $81 worth.. it seems they over
looked my vacation pay. And they have to
mail it out as they only have one time only
to deposit. Now that did not make sense to
me, but no sense going there anyway.. Oh,
I could have gone to pick it up... one way,
4 hour drive???NOT.. So anyway, I went
on my merry way, figuring that is not a problem
..just an annoyance. At 1:14 I walk into my place
of work, for a meeting that was planned last
month. It was cancelled.. no word last night
or when I left that morning at 6am. Another
annoyance...
So I went to Wal-mart to look and buy some
dishes that I really like. And they were a service
of 8 for $20.. nice lighthouse dishes. I bring them
home and wash the plates and dry them and
put them in my glass cabinet. And then the little
plates and cups.. so proud am I... then I get to
the bowls... 3 broken bowls... sigh... another
annoyance. I take the bowls with box and receipt,
to Wal-mart and the sweet little darling behind
the counter tells me... I have to go home and
repack the other dishes and bring them back
and she will trade me a new box. I asked her
with all the nicety that I could muster up, you
really don't want me to go back home take the
dishes out of the cabinet and repack them and
bring them to the store. Oh, yes, she replies
sweetly, it is store policy. My reply was.. NOT...
surely there is someone for me to talk to higher
than you, and I am still hanging by threads to
my nicety.The other young lady who also is behind
the desk, ask what was going on when I asked for
the manager by name. She told this sweet child
to let me go get a new box and remove 3 good
bowls and give them to me. The sweet child is a
little upset but agrees. I go get the box, which
by now I am wondering why did I have to go
get the box, I didn't break the dishes. Why me..
and this dang box was heavy and I was having
to walk half the store with it. We get up to the
desk and she takes the bowls out of the box,
wraps them, makes out paper work and has
me sign it... all while she is complaining about
how they would have to throw away the good
dishes now that I have the bowls... Well, if she
was trying to make me feel guilty..ah ha ha...
you can never make a mother guilty. That our
speciality... we major in that.
Then I get home... and Ken's time is not going
any better. He order a propane tank... has been
lining this up for 2 weeks. They put him off his
2pm appointment to 5:30. Small annoyance...
They get here and I call him, as he had to be at
the church at 5:30 to set up for Awana. They
look at the spot and the tubing and say to me...
"oh, we can't install this tank today... that tubing
is illegal"... and who sold this tubing to him??...
the very same company that is delivering the tank.
When Ken asked for the tubing and what tubing
he should use... they gave him this one. Not the
wrapped one which he was suppose to have. Now
my mom did not raise any fool here.... I looked at
them and then him driving in.... and say.. glad it
is you guys who are telling him that...and I left.
I went into the house. Ken and the blue air
followed him in to the house... and back out. They
gave him the wrap and he had to redig up the
tubing. Major annoyance....Now that is just
one Friday...

This Friday, last night... I almost made it
thru it with out incident. In fact Friday gave
me the false feeling that all things were well.
I work the night before as they need coverage
for one of our gals who had an accident.
So I worked Thurs. came home Friday,am.
Slept a little. Everything is good. Ken and our
grandson,went to Awana looking sharp... Being
I didn't get much sleep, I decide to go to bed
early.. I mildly hear in the background of my
sleep that Ken and Michael was home.
And then blood curling scream from Mike...
Ken yelling and a crash of glass sound all in
one moments time. Now I don't know about
you... but to be woke up like that... I just can't
stroll out and say hi, guys, what's up?
I ran out, asking as I went,
WHAT THE HELL IS GOING ON HERE????...
they both looking towards the dining room,
eyes like saucers... and I slowly looked over
there....... to see the last bowl of my new dishes
falling to the floor... broken in what appears a
million pieces. I now have a service of 8 plates,
8 small plates, 1 bowl...2 cups...
Oh, yes, my other favorite dishes? that was
near them... well, I have a set of 8 plates, 8 small
dishes, 1 bowl and 2 cups.. I looked at it.... and
I said... THE LORD GIVETH AND THE LORD
TAKETH AWAY...(believe me I don't know how
I remained calm) and started to pick up the
big pieces and Ken got the garbage can from
outside. And the vacuum cleaner.
That is when I decided maybe Fridays
don't like me... so next Friday ... count me out..
I am sleeping thru.... So you all have a good
Friday.... I see you Saturday...

P.S. now that I am retired.... Friday and Saturdays are my friends... every day is. lol

No comments: