Friday, April 29, 2005

Rose glasses

I have been accused of seeing the human race
thru rose color glasses. Meaning I rather see
the good than find the bad, undesireable side.

I don't think I work at this. Just I rather
see the good. And wonder why some one
would rather think something unpleasant
about another person. Why does a situation
have to have a downside looked at first?

Am I mellowing in my old age? Being an
old spitfire in my younger age, first to
take up the banner, to ward off the
evils of unjust. Flamethrower of sorts.

Now I look before I leap,
I think, is this my problem?
Is it my business? And usually
it isn't. It is not my job to
keep the peace, or to make
things fair. It is everyone's
job to take care of their own
problems. And we aren't
really needed to take up the
torch.

You know this has brought a
lot of peace in my life. Why I
thought it was my job, I don't
know. It was the caretaker
in me, I guess. You know, to
help out, to solve the problem,
to protect. I have found out
it is not my job. And to only
help out if ASKED, and then
make sure to support, not do
the task.

After all, we have enough on
our own plate to take care of
each day. And this all leads up
to having a heck a lot more
fun. Laughter, that truely is
the best medicine.

So enjoy the weekend. Go
have fun. Enjoy life to the
fullest.

No comments: