Wednesday, September 07, 2005

Are You As Civil As You Think You Are?

Over the years, my brother-in-law
has talked about the national threat.
His thoughts were not of Iraq, Russia
or China or even Korea....

His thoughts were the residents of
United States of America. He has
been prepared for any type of threat
that would come. He has water,
can goods and etc. Just in case he
has to defend his home.

Now on the surface most of you
would think he was a nut case. But
this is not true. He is a law bidding,
level thinking man. He is a Vet. He
has see humans at their worse, not
only as a soldier but also as a police
officer. And that is what he thinks
will be the worse threat,that we, as
citizens have to fear.

Over the years I have listen to him.
I have not agreed wholeheartly.
I thought he has merits with his line
of thought. But I didn't think there
would be a time of that. I still
thought our enemy is across the seas.

But after seeing what has happen in
Louisiana, and Mississippi these past
days and now a week. I am afraid I
will have to agree with my brother-in-law.
The enemy has come and it is us.

I always thought we were more civil
than most 3rd World countries and etc.
We would try to help our neighbor.
But now I see it could very well not be.
I think in the area I live in. We might
have more of a chance for people to
be civil. To help our neighbors. We are
not as dense with the population....
so far... that I think there would be
more level headedness. I think we
would be more apt to help, then to shun
our neighbor. I could be wrong, but I
do believe in our area and in our people.
Will this change in a few years being
we are being undated with 100's of more
people monthly? I don't know. But I do
know for a fact, I would be willing to
bet my life that the old time Idahoan
would stick by his neighbor and so
would the neighbor. Hopefully we
will never have to find out.

But I am looking at my brother-in-law's
thoughts in a new frame of mine.
Louisiana, has proven him right.

No comments: