Monday, September 12, 2005

Weekend Mishmash

Sorry my blog is late, but my blog
server has been down for about
3 hours.
So here we go...

This has been a Fall-ish weekend…
You know where you don’t want to
give up on summer yet, so you don’t
want to admit is Fall like weather.

I still have lots of outside yard work
to do. And I was not ready for Fall
last week, when I was doing a lot of
yard work. This colder weather,
should color up my grapes really well.
They all are ready for picking, just
need that last cool weather to bring
the color up. And then I will have gallons
of grapes. Haven’t the faintest idea
what I am going to do with them. I would
say I could freeze them and when winter
comes, I can make grape jam. But I
still have a gallon bag in the freezer,
I found from last year. And grape
juice seems like such a waste.
Have to think about it.

What is with Soccer mom’s and
dad’s and coaches. This past
weekend, both days from 10 in
the morning to 5 at night, the kids
have been playing soccer. The streets
(which in Kootenai is hardly wide
enough for two cars) lined up around
the school with cars every where.
We, locals, know not to drive thru
those streets during soccer time.

But what I don’t get is….. the weather.
It is raining out there cats and dogs…
and those parents and coaches have
those kids playing in the rain. Sliding
in the mud.. No wonder there is colds
going around the first two months of
school.

For years, Mothers have been
yelling at their kids, DON’T GO OUTSIDE
IN THE RAIN… And if some one is
outside in the rain, there is a saying
about how they don’t have the brains
to stay out of the rain. So why, oh,
why is it necessary to have the kids
play in the rain.

When is Soccer playing time?
In the Spring and in the Fall.
I know this as my grandson played soccer
for two years. And what does it do in
the Spring and Fall… why, rain,
of course. The fields are empty in
the summer, why not then?
Can someone explain that to me?

No comments: