Monday, September 26, 2005

That Ticking is Summer Running Out

I am having a hard time settling in
to do my blog. It isn't because I am
brain dead, althought that, too, could
be debateable. But it is sunny out.
I know it is just a matter of time
and Winter will be here. And doing
yard things will be nil.

On my walk this morning it was so
great to see all the people getting
ready for the day. (maybe because
I don't have to work anymore, except
for Tuesday morning that is). But the
gal was doing her jump rope exercise
while she waited for the stream of
customers to start at The Bongobrew Hut
And the purple coffee wagon drove by
heading to her next company parking
lot. People still being polite about
walkers walking across the street and
drivers wanting out on to the highway.

It is a little brisk this morning, but still
really nice out. No snow on the mountains
yet. Kind of an Indian Summer so far.

The garden died last week. We had 3 frosty
mornings where the grass was white. And one
of them was about 28. Good bye leaves on
the squash plants, good bye tomatoes plants.
Grab the last of the squash and green tomatoes.
Now to dig it all in so winter can do its magic,
for us to start again next Spring.

Still many more chores to do before it is
too late. Got the grapes to pick yet, but
they are waiting for the next really good
frost, so they can be sweet. I like them
a little tart, but the King likes them sweet.

So I am off, got the washer going, and the
yard waits for me... Winter doesn't wait.

2 comments:

stebbijo said...

Okay -- fess up! What do you do with those grapes?

Word Tosser said...

Well, I eat them... I bag them, and they are in the freezer... Got 3 bags...
If I were closer, I make you take one...lol... and see what YOU do with them..