Wednesday, September 21, 2005

Signs of Fall

I saw frost on the pumpkin this morning.
Went out and got my paper and the grass
was white. Not snow, just frost. But that
is bad enough. Even as I started my walk,
the frost was still on the shaded areas.

I have seen the geese rounding up and
heading South, for the past 4 days. You
will see about 8 of them, and then they
circle and there are maybe 20 of them.
So it is all a matter of time.

Even the Red-wing Black bird were
gather in the fields of Coldwater Creek
lawn near the parking lot.

As I put on my sweatshirt that I have
been wearing lately on my walks, I
wondered if that was going to be enough.
And getting my winter clothes out, well,
I am just not into that yet. Call it denial,
but just the thought of giving up the
warmth of summer is not in my thought
process yet.

Still have lots to do in the yard to get
ready. Disconnect my umbrella girl
fountain and bring my wind chimes
down. Find a place where it makes
sense to me next Spring to find them.

Already did the bulbs of fall. Got to
get the grapes off the vine before it
freezes really well.

Seems like the year is flying by. But
am looking forward to the fall colors
that all ready have started. And even
winter. I hope we have more snow this
year. More snow than freezing days.
Snow seems too keep the house warmer
and it looks nice in the yard.

I am a four season gal.

No comments: