Thursday, September 22, 2005

Watching TV with the King

The King and I have different opinions
on what to watch on TV. Once in a
while we will agree on a show. House
and Boston Legal are two of them.

But for the most part we are worlds
apart on our likes of shows. I tend to
go towards comedy or news magazine
type. Like Primetime, 20/20, Dateline
and 60 minutes. And then it depends
on the subject they have. When I sit
down to relax, I want to be able to laugh
or be educated to a point.

We have joked over the years, my
daughter and I, as we walk by the TV
as he is watching. “Yep, 3 of the actors
have passed on years ago, so this is his
show”. He likes the old shows. Two of
his favorite stations is TVLand. And
the Men’s Channel.

The Men’s channel during daylight
hours has hunting and fishing. He
doesn’t like me watching that with him
because I make fun of the guys who
whispers after they have shot their prey.
Like what is going to happen, the deer
get up and run away? And my eyes glaze
over after about 10 minutes of fishing.
See Hunting and fishing is like watching
baseball and etc. I enjoy the sport when
I was doing it… but watching someone
else doing it, is not as much fun.
Football is the only thing I can get into
watching and even that is starting to wane.
I am getting to be a Super Bowl watcher
now. But he likes Bonanza, Gunsmoke
and alike. So I have been leaving him to
his choices and I blog surf.

He mentioned that I rarely watch TV
with him much anymore. So last night
I shut down the computer and went to watch.

Is it me, or are the shows either boring
or violent? I could care less what someone
is doing in their lives, so reality shows
space me out. The best I could do was
Survivor and even that one isn’t so interesting
anymore. And the first year of Apprentice.
But now they have Invasion, Lost, Medium,
Ghost Whisper, Reunion, and several others
that look like they would scare the bee gees
out of me. The King is looking forward to
some of them. I do like Cold Cases, but it is
far and between finding something to watch.

Maybe I can read while he watches TV.
Well, at least we still have House and
when we can find it…Boston Legal (they
switched it to Tuesday and then it hasn’t
been on the past week or so.) The King has
pickup the phase on that show too.
“Don’t be a mansy pansy!”

2 comments:

stebbijo said...

Our all time favorite has always been American Idol. We always watch that together. I love the new dance off shows now. House is a fav as well and the new Prison Break.

I didn't use to have TV when I lived outside of Clark Fork, Idaho. The sattelite did not even bring in the news. I was isolated from the world for sure! Probably the reason - I became so interested in computers.

I am uptown now. I live in CDA, Idaho and I get the news and I don't even need to buy cable!

God's Helper said...

I don't think it is you. I find it harder and harder to find someing semi intelligent on the tube. Maybe that is how it came to be called a boob tube!! It is sure not it's shape. So reading is a good option, if The King will let you get away with that.

BUT... You leave my baseball alone. Even if we do lose all the time. I still like watching and mourning....:)