Tuesday, March 07, 2006

Baby Boomers

Baby boomers.... where are
they going so fast? How they
are trying to stay so young...
botox, so many other things to
try to find the fountain of youth.
they are missing out on the
transition.

My mother use to sing this song
to me, when I was in my 40's
and she in her 60's. One of our
favorites, Dr. Hook.


I've got a couple more years
on you babe, and that's all I've
had more chances to fly, and
more places to fall.
And it ain't that I'm wiser,
it's only that I've spent more
time with my back to the wall.
And I've picked up a couple
more years on you babe, and
that's all. I've walked a couple
more roads than you babe
and that's all.
And I'm tired of runnin' while
you're only learning to crawl.
And you're heading somewhere,
but I've been to somewhere and
found it was nowhere at all.
And I've picked up a couple more
years on you babe, and that's all.
Now saying goodbye girl, don't never
come easy at all But you've gotta fly
'cause you're hearing them young
eagles call And someday when you're
older you'll smile at a man strong
and tall.
And you'll say I've got a couple more
years on you babe and that's all.

"Couple More Years"
These words were found at:
http://www.lyricsandsongs.com/lyrics/DR._HOOK.html

1 comment:

Lil ol' me... said...

That record was popular when I dj'd up in Sandpoint in 1976. Only now that I'm in my 50's, I think I'll change it to "I got a couple more DECADES on you babe, that's all".