Monday, March 27, 2006

The Walk

It has no prejudices...
It likes the young as well
as the old..

It doesn't care what race
you are. It will visit anyone.

Over the recent years we
been told that there are
more survivors than not.

So the organization has
started a walking group.
For the survivors as well as
those left behind.

Some where that the left
behind can talk and the others
will understand.

What am I talking about?
Cancer. Across the country
there will be walks for those
left behind and for those
blessed to be survivors.

I have two people in my life
that are the left behind. One
lost a daughter, one lost a mother.
They are far, far, far from the unusual.

Do you have some one you lost?
Are you one of the blessed? Then
I hope you can do the walk in your
area.

The two that I speak of, have their's
in Ellensburg, Washington this
summer. The weekend of June 23rd.
If you don't have a walk to support,
perhaps you will think of going to
the sites below and help out my
friends with a small donation.

Bertie's Barefoot Bunch (the mother)
https://www.kintera.org/faf/donorReg/donorPledge.asp?ievent=152522&lis=1&kntae152522=AB77E919409E476A84D5F0D25D2CC899&supId=122667073

Shelley's Butterflies (the daughter)
https://www.kintera.org/faf/donorReg/donorPledge.asp?ievent=152522&lis=1&kntae152522=D6D23380E06F4D63923E700B1B771F89&supId=115464779

For those of you who do....
Thank you

2 comments:

God's Helper said...

Thank you for this blessing. You are one of the best people who have ever come into my life.

Love you,

Big Piney Woods Cats said...

I tried to email you, got it back...think it has to do with your changing email

Your picture, etc. is down on the bottom, I think due to the long url you have posted. Want me to TRY andfix it???