Wednesday, May 30, 2007

I have been everywhere.... part 2

I was at R.I. when it was ...50's
And no matter what people tell you, it
was a great time to a teen.

I was in Miami Beach when it was
a nice place to be...I had friends who
were partiers, who would fly to Cuba,
to continue the party. I was never brave
or foolish enough. Some did it for the
whole weekend. As Cuba clubs didn't
close until early morning. Around 5, just
enough to clean up and start for the day.

I was in San Diego, when it was
a quiet place, good family area,
El Cajon was a small town...
The beaches were wonderful, you
could get around in easy, except during
rush hour... but you got use to it. They
had the Zoo, it was before Sea World.
And I use to take the kids to the zoo
at least once a month. It was cheap
enough.

I was in Roslyn Wa. when it was
a good town for kids...It was a
very small town, and you didn't fear
for your kids.

I was in Ellensburg, when it was
a good place to have kids grow up.
Lots of woods to play in. Hunting was
good. Fishing in the creek was great,
and swimming there too. Kids would
dive for craydads. The busiest time was
Labor Day, with the rodeo and the Yakima
Indian Tribe riding their horses in from Yakima.

I came to Idaho at a good time too...Kids
had a good teen life here. It was still a laid
back area.

So I have no regrets.

No comments: