Tuesday, May 29, 2007

I'm from everywhere...but

I was volunteered to be in a
booth on the subject of Kootenai.
Which I declined. Mainly because
I have only lived here since 1994.
In this town that is. I have lived in
Idaho since 1982.

I was thinking after, that I really don't
know enough about anywhere I have
lived. I can't really do a good job of the
good old times. Meaning going back
50 or 60 years, up to now. Like most
natives of ones own town.

I did 18 years in Newport county of
Rhode Island. Year in Miami Beach.
7 years in San Diego, 12 years in
Washington State, and rest up here.

So I only know portions of each. And
looking at this, I see this county is the
place I lived the longest. 25 years.

You know that is kind of sad, but I wouldn't
change it if I could. Each place was a good
place to be at the time I was there.

You know, one staying in the place they were
born is a rarity these days.

1 comment:

Chris at 'Chrissie's Kitchen' said...

I just dropped into your blog and thought I'd say hello.

I'm from England & have lived in the same rural area for the last 30 years. It takes time to grow into a place I think.