Sunday, January 16, 2011

Almost a Century....


When this picture was taken it was 1994.
The year my Dad passed away… at the mere age
of 82.

We were at a car and tractor show, my brother, dad and myself.
We had Dad get up on the tractor, so we could take a picture of the
two of them…..as it was built in 1912, The
same year Dad was born.

So today, the tractor is still going strong but Dad is not.
And they both today would be 99 years old.

Which reminds me of a saying Dad would say…
“In another 100 years it won’t matter”. It was his saying
when people would get upset over something simple

2 comments:

Margie's Musings said...

That's a good saying.

When Bob was dying and wanted to know how long he had, I said "I don't know, Bob. No one knows how long they have. Let's just take this one day at a time. That's all any of us has anyhow."

It worked. He never got frightened. And it was true.

MarmiteToasty said...

wow your dad looks great for an old bloke.... and that tractor is brill..... what wise words, no wonder you are so wise, you must take after your dad....

x