Thursday, September 29, 2011

We are the fools....we believe...

Voting is frustrating.. Even more so now, and especially this
coming year. The choices would be a joke if it weren’t so serious. And everyone is saying what ever they think you want to hear. And we have known that for years. But now, you know it is out and out lies and no one seems to care. With Internet, blogs, and etc. always checking everything that is said and done, you know immediately when a lie is spread. Before it was said just before the elections and then it was too late to get the information out to everyone, and the person was in.

Now we have instant news. You don’t need to wait until the next night or the morning paper. It is on the news channels, it is on the internet in so many different forms. Facebook, blogs, and now we have Twitter.

But even with this instant news.. it seems like it is said, and no sooner the typing stops, it is forgotten. Don’t know if people don’t care or what. And then there are the spin folks. They spin a weave that fools so many. Seems like people are sheep, following the lead sheep right off the ledge.

I take great pride in voting. Always have. Considered it a privilege as well as a right. My one right of my own thought. When I go into that room, it is between me and my God who I vote for. I try my best to read everything on the person. Watch their body language, eye contact, to see who this person is. But that is getting harder to do. Because we expect them to tell the truth. And we know they will just say anything you want to hear, so you will vote for them.

Yes, it is harder than before. And personally, I don’t know what I am going to do next November.. of 2012. But I guess at my age, I shouldn’t worry too much, why suffer the heart ache of it? Who knows if I will be here next November. The whole think is a crap shoot.

No comments: