Tuesday, March 13, 2012


Nothing sounds so lonely as a old train whistle…
And the sound of a steam engine just sounds so fine.
The chaka chaka of the wheels.. and that whistle of the
steam engine. I love it.

About 9 years ago, there was a steam engine that went thru
our town, going to Montana. It stopped in Ponderay to load
some of the people who made reservations. It think the lady
said it cost $499 for a round trip.

If I had that kind of money,I sure would have loved to gone..
It went to Montana, I want to say Helena, and you stayed over
at the hotel, and it headed back 2 days later.

I was at the gas station in Kootenai, when I heard the whistle
blowing for the Whiskey Jack Road, so I grabbed my camera
from the car and waited. Sure enough, she went down the
tracks heading for Ponderay, looking so fine, with the steam
clouds following behind…

Just love it.

1 comment:

Kay Dennison said...

My Daddy & my Grandpa were both railroaders so all things about trains interest me.