Monday, October 15, 2012

Farmer's Sunshine

I just love it… Really love summer rain..

But fall rain is good too.

 

As I stepped into church yesterday, I looked

back at the parking lot and said to the lady

handing out the program for the day… “look..

Farmer’s Sunshine”… we both smiled. We all

agree (about 4 of us) that we dearly needed it.

 

I can remember my father loving the rain in the spring

and summer..but not at the end of summer when it

was haying time. It would always be the subject of

joy after not having rain for a while.. at the co op.

 

My husband who passed away in 1986, could tell

when the rain was coming within 4 days. So my

parents would call him to find out how he felt. If

he felt great, then they would cut the hay.. If his

legs hurt they knew it would rain on the hay that

was about to be cut down.

 

Yep, Farmer’s Sunshine… and gardeners too….

 

 

No comments: